Do you love Fall as much as we do? These super yummy muffins celebrate the taste of the season and are super healthy to boot. Here’s the recipe:
- 3/4 pound peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned oatmeal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat the insides of a muffin pan or cute individual tins like the ones shown above with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan boil squash in just enough water to cover – about 24 minutes, or until tender. Drain and puree in a food processor.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, sugars, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl combine milk, egg and butter. Blend in squash. Add this to the flour mixture stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups, filling about 1/2 way. Bake about 20 minutes – until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.