Pack Your (Book) Bags ~ We’re Heading Back to School (plus win a Courier Bag)

August 6, 2012

With school starting back up for most students in just a couple weeks, we thought it would be fun to take a look at one of our country’s most renown schools – Harvard.  If you aren’t starting classes here, a trip to Cambridge as a tourist can really be fun.

Sited just outside of Boston, Cambridge is often described as a big bowtie, with Harvard as its ‘knot.’  There are many squares and streets to explore including Harvard Square, Central Square, Inman, Kendall and Porter Squares.  Walk the same brick sidewalks that famous alums like Franklin Roosevelt, John Adams, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Matt Damon, Barack Obama, and John Kennedy have strolled down over the years.

The architecture of Harvard is quite stunning, beautiful rooms like Annenberg Hall – a 9000 square foot room inspired by the great halls of Oxford and Cambridge, is just one example.  Annenberg features a stenciled ceiling, hammerbeam trusses, and walnut paneling.

Another remarkable building is Sanders Theatre and Memorial Hall - built after the Civil War to memorialize Harvard graduates who had fallen defending the Union during the conflict.  Completed about 1878 it’s known for its superior acoustics.  Memorial Hall houses more stained glass than any building in the US that is not a church.  The multi-purpose site has been used for graduations (until 1911) and many speakers including Bill Clinton and Martin Luther King, Jr have appeared there.

Do we have you in a back to school mood yet?  How about winning a fabulous cinda b Courier Bag in Mod Tortoise?   Our newest colorway, the On-Campus Collection in Mod Tortoise is a favorite of stylish co-eds on campuses across the country.

We’re giving away one Courier Bag in Mod Tortoise (shown below, a $118 value!)- to one lucky commenter.  The Courier Bag is the perfect tote for books, business, and creative projects.  It features a spacious laptop pocket (sized for up to standard 15.5″ laptops), large interior space for books or files, plenty of smaller interior pockets (zipped and slip), two front slip pockets, an adjustable shoulder strap, a coordinated, webbed handle and chic metal hardware.

To win, just comment below and then check back on Friday, August 10th.  We’ll post the winner right here!

**UPDATE** ~ The Winner of the Courier Bag in Mod Tortoise is:

Cinda Burgert who wrote:

The Mod Tortoise is such a classic color; I just love it. The architecture of Harvard is so amazing and beautiful. It would be a great sightseeing trip .The Courier would be a PERFECT for that laptop to take on fun trips. Oh, how I would love it.

Just email us at: press@cindab.com with your shipping address and we’ll get that right out to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

{ 32 comments… read them below or add one }

Julie August 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm

That bag, is gorgeous! Love how it works so well with the classic black look too. Beautiful!

Cinda Burgert August 6, 2012 at 3:49 pm

The Mod Tortoise is such a classic color; I just love it. The architecture of

Cinda Burgert

Kathy August 6, 2012 at 7:16 pm

The Mod Tortoise is absolutely beautiful. The Courier would be a wonderful bag to take with me when I travel to various universities visiting Delta Gamma chapters!

Jamie Murray August 6, 2012 at 8:27 pm

OMG…..the Mod Tortoise is my new favorite pattern. I would love to show off this bag in my office. All of the ladies just love my Cinda B hobo purse that I carry. Thanks for having these opportunities to win your newest items.

Misty Higgins August 6, 2012 at 9:33 pm

OMG!! The Mod Tortoise is just fabulous…love it!! That is perfect for an overnight bag :) and it’s cute!!

Jill August 6, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Winning a cinda b Courier Bag in Mod Tortoise and going back to school spells FUN!

Elizabeth August 7, 2012 at 5:26 am

Love Mod Tortoise, and I know I would love Cambridge! One day I’ll get there…
Elizabeth recently posted..Style…on a budgetMy Profile

Shannon Christensen August 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

Love love love my Cinda b bags–yes, I definitely have more than one! Would love to add this one to my collection and use it for work! Talk about a stylish new sales rep bag! :)

Megan August 7, 2012 at 10:38 am

I first discovered Cinda B as a college student and fell in love with all patterns and products! I bought several bags for myself and when I got married I bought each of my bridesmaids an XL cosmetic bag (each girl got a different pattern of course). I still use Cinda B bags as a nurse. Would love to show off the Mod Tortoise courier bag at work!

Anne Kaluza August 7, 2012 at 10:51 am

What could be better than the Mod Tortoise color combination??!! No more switching purses between what looks good with black shoes, then switching to the one that looks good with brown shoes – another example of “Cinda B Genius!”

Angela August 7, 2012 at 11:22 am

I love that color! I am going back to school myself this fall, although not to Harvard! I would love to go back top school in style.

Christy N. August 7, 2012 at 11:53 am

This is the most PERFECT carrier for me as a Special Events Director – I tote around a laptop, files, paperwork, promotional items, etc, and now I can do it in style! I love the long strap – so easy to just throw over your shoulder and bounce to the next appointment. I LOVE my Taking Care of Business tote, but this new Courier bag would be the perfect addition to my CindaB collection! Such an amazing color scheme too – Mod Tortoise ;)

Sarah Dawkins August 7, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Love your products so much! The Courier Bag is amazing. I could really use this because my laptop case was stolen a few weeks ago (along with my laptop- mega bummer!) so this would be an ideal replacement. How beautiful! Love the classic colors

Karen August 7, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Like the Mod Tortoise design …. love everything about this bag..its perfect:)

Brenda August 7, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Too cute!!! Would love to have this bag. Very classic!!

Linda August 7, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I’m new to cinda b; but would love to carry this mod tortoise, courier bag as I head back to my first grade classroom! So cute! Love it!

Courtney Santiago August 7, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Love the Cinda B Courier Bag! My opinion?? …A classic bag with a modern twist in a print reminiscent of the classic Louis Vuitton. Would love to be sporting around town with this gorgeous bag on my arm!!! Im addicted to all bags Cinda B!! My next purchase will be the Carry-On Roller in Mod Tortoise.:)

Tamara Patterson August 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm

Would love to be able to give this bag to my daughter. Her 18th birthday is at the end of the month. I have recieved so many compliments on my Cinda B bags. I love that your bags are stylish, practical and easy to care for. That combination is hard to find.

Mallory H August 7, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Love the mod tortoise! Been looking for a cute “briefcase” type bag and this one would be perfect for toting around all my important papers and notes for work.

Deeda Leffert August 8, 2012 at 9:02 am

I would love to own a cinda b bag! Love the classic look of the Mod Tortoise.

Holli Jo August 8, 2012 at 10:44 am

Love this new pattern! It, indeed, has a very classy look to it! Would love to show this bag off for cindaB!

NICOLE F. August 8, 2012 at 10:56 am

I just LOVE my Cinda b bags–and yes, I SURELY have more than one! I would love to also add this one to my collection!

TinaM August 8, 2012 at 11:23 am

Beautiful bag. I would use it everyday!

Zuly Garces August 8, 2012 at 11:51 am

I’m in total admiration of this bag it has all the essentials that any girl in any city would need it’s classy, elegant and stylish. I had a very hard time finding a company that provides so much style and I love your entire line and elegant detail that every line offers. Very IMPRESSED!

Amy Smolinski August 8, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I love the look of this bag. I have many different cinda B products in different colors and styles. This one is great because it is a neutral color. It would be great to use for everyday use and work!

Patricia Parr August 8, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I am fairly new to Cinda B. Where have you been all this time?? I absolutely love my bags. I take an extra large one to the YMCA three times a week. All the gals want to know where I got it. Would live to add this Mod Tortoise to my collection of bags. This is georgous and so handy for so many things. My 73 rd birthday is in a month, what a nice birthday present this would make!!

Brenda D August 8, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Oh my gosh – what rock have I been under? I was just turned on to your fabulous line by a friend! I can’t wait to get my hands on a Cinda B bag – now to find my nearest retailer:) I’m loving this mod tortoise pattern for the fall and the courier bag is a great staple for the working woman. Love, love, love your line!!

Zubaida August 9, 2012 at 4:42 pm

What an absolutely gorgeous bag! I feel up and ready to ren my errands just looking at it!

Jen August 9, 2012 at 7:39 pm

LOVE my Takin’ Care of Business Bag in Belize Brown for Nursing school, a courier bag would make things SO much easier to carry everything around!

Matthew August 10, 2012 at 9:10 am

My wife would be so happy if i won this for her. she loves you products

Rachael Sheridan August 11, 2012 at 11:35 am

One of my favorite styles, in one of my favorite patterns. Sign me up!

Pam September 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I recently purchased a bella raspberry vertical cosmeic bag in Lancaser, PA. I had been searching for a sturdy and colorful case for my large print life application bible. Altough the case is not intended for this purpose it is a perfect fit. The case long cloth interior pockets work well for pens, markers and bookmarkers. The clear pockets hold various size post-it notes that I use during my scripture study. There is enough room to carry my composition book I use for note taking. The only improvement for my use would be longer straps. Thank you for this lovely and useful bag.